Question
Posted by: X Tina | 2009-03-11

Mercilon and Migraines

HI Doc

I' m suffering terribly with Migraines. My GP thinks it could be the Mercilon. I' ve been on Mercilon for the past four years. The next soonest appointment i can get with my Gynae is in May.

I usually get the migraines as the first day of the inactive pills. Is there really a possibility that my migraines are related to the pill. If so which Pill to you recommended. I can' t wait until May.

If the migraines started w hen you started the Pill, they may be related. Hormonal migraines do occur. It sounds like a possible hormone withdrawal and it is not likely that changing pills will help the problem. You could try skipping the placebo pills and having a period only every 3 months.