Question
Posted by: Nisha | 2011/12/06

Mercilon and Marvelon

i have PCOS. i had irregular periods(used to bleed non stop for months). my gyne put me on Mercilon which really helped me and regulated my period. i have been on Mercilon for 2 years. there is now a shortage on Mercilon and Marvelon. which similar pill can i take??? really desperate. really scared to stop the pill as i am worried to mess up my cycle.
please help.
thanks

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Nisa - Ultimately your doc will have to make the call as he/she will have to give you a prescription - There are multiple oral contraceptives available, but only two containing Desogestrel (which is one of the actives in the pill you've been taking).

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/12/07

Reply to pharmacist