Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2009-03-30

Mentally tired

I' ve know my boyfriend for almost 6 years now, we have been dating for about 3 years. Thing is people keep telling me he is a bad guy and that he doesnt deserve me ect. He had a reputation when he was younger but i honestly dont think he is as bad as anyone makes him to be. Im just really tired of people telling me this and that, and our relationship isnt bad, we get along very well. What should i think or do about this? He knows about the people badmouthing him coz i tell him. He is a well know business man and we stay in a small town. He never even goes out to place or anything like that.....i just dont understand this or maybe im just being naive?

Are the other people simply being prejudiced because of his past history or other factors ( worth considering, but in the light of your experience of his more recent behaviour ) ? Presumably the other people mean well by warning you. But if you've discussed this with him, and you are both happy, that's probably fine, so long as you're reasonably vigilant in case something goes wrong

4
Posted by: jcat | 2009-03-30

- you knew him for 3 year before you started dating, and you' ve been dating that long as well. I' d figure that by now you know him as well as anyone could possibly know someone else. You' ve seen him when he wasn' t trying to impress you but just as a friend. And you' ve seen him way past the whole infatuation stage of starting to date, where you get to know each other properly.

Maybe it' s time you started telling other people to lay off him, and to stop telling you negative things about him based on the past. It can' t be easy for you having to keep hearing bad opinions of the man you love, especially when he isn' t acting that way anymore.

Regards,
j

Reply to jcat
Posted by: Soul | 2009-03-30

You' re welcome. I wished I had listenend to myself instead of others things would be alot easier and so much better, but hey it' s never too late :-)

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Tracy | 2009-03-30

Thank you Soul, i really needed that positive advice. I will follow it :-)

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: Soul | 2009-03-30

Tracy if there is one piece of advise I can give you is not to allow other people to influence your thoughts on your relationship if you do things will get alot harder for you in your relationship, their is nothing worse that feeling like you' re been torn apart. I understand your reservations but you need to listen to you, you' re the one that' s in the relationship with him and it' s been for quit a few years no one knows him like you do. I understand the doubts that you have but don' t allow others to influence your thoughts, talk to your b/f and sort it out him him he is the source no on can tell you expect him.

Reply to Soul