Question
Posted by: pk | 2010/03/11

Mental Stress concerned

Im 26 years old,started getting flu symtons sunday and tuesday started blurry vision and not being like myself, hard to concentrate and not withmyself. docter said my bp was 180-100 and fast heartrate, he said it must be stress related. im on 20mg cilift and get hypochondraic about something im stressing about brain problems and making it self worse for me..hope u cna understand the feeling. i googled mental stress and it sounds 100% like what i have at the moment..

I wouldn't say it MUST be stress related, as there are other potential reasons for this. Hypochondriasis may make one more worried about one's health than one needs to be, but NEVER EVER causes a faster heart-rate ( which can be caused, however, by anxiety ) and the higher BP. Ask for referral to a specialist psychiatrist locally, for a proper assessment of your physical and mental state, and treatment if needed. Some meds can help, and CBT counselling with relaxation training is excellent for stress and anxiety and can help you to reduce the fase pulse rate and BP using your own personal power

1