Question
Posted by: Cricket Fan | 2011/03/26

Mental strength.

OK, let me try again.

Is there a programme to develop mental strength(guts) to ensure that professional sports teams can attend to allow them to face up to challenging situations without collapsing in a heap, as did the Proteas cricket team against New Zealand. If so hopefully the powers that be will ensure that the hopefully soon to be altered team attends.

Hey, don't get choked up about it ! I'm not sitting a the computer every minute of the day, able to provide instant responses !
Here we go again : " There's no doubt that the Protea's choke in a way that other nation's cricket teams don't, and in a way that other SA national sports teams don't do. And this was not always so, but is a relatively recent problem.
Maybe I should look into this. What intrigues me is that whereas in the old days our teams did not show this conspicuous weakness, it has emerged when they have far more coaches, physios and sports psychologists at hand, as never before.
I don't think it's arrogance,
I doubt there's any existing program to deal with this - no other major team seems to suffer from it so consistently, and how could you evaluate such a proposed program without an ability to test and measure it's benefits in such a team ?
Denying that it exists, as the Proteas routinely do, is certainly no help at all.
And the team idn't play dismally against NZ - when bowling they did pretty well, and some batsmen were OK - it was the middle order that collapsed, as usual, and yet even then they nearly made it. "

6
Posted by: WhatALoser! | 2011/03/27

I care.

My disappointment is matched only by their EPIC FAILURE!

Reply to WhatALoser!
Posted by: Rugby Fan | 2011/03/26

Really , who cares?

Reply to Rugby Fan
Posted by: WhatALoser! | 2011/03/26

Come on its glaringly obvious what is needed...CONSISTENCY!!!

If SA can beat India in their own country in front of a massive Indian crowd, and THEN lose to New Zealand, whats missing?

Reply to WhatALoser!
Posted by: Cricket Fan | 2011/03/26

My sincere apologies CS. I could have bitten off my foot when I saw what had happened to my posts. Thanks you for your very thoughtful response, once again my apologies.

Reply to Cricket Fan
Posted by: simone | 2011/03/26

it''s called a life coach. Something our entire population needs, living in this crap country.

Reply to simone

I don't think it's arrogance,