Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/09/11

Mental illness

I think I sometimes don' t treat my son right would he develope a mental illness if we sometimes do stuff to him and he lass out and then we sort of gang up against him and he end up getting a hidding for his behavior.

This doesn't sound wholesome, but without much more details than we have space to handle here, it's impossible to answer your question. What you seem to be describing wounds unpleasant and unnecessary and unfair. And hidings never benefit any child, EVER. Best see a counsellor or child shrink to assess him AND the family, and recoomend a plan to improve discipline all round

5
Posted by: ABC | 2008/09/12

I disagree, there' s nothing wrong with him, there' s something wrong with you! Oh my goodness, why wouldanyone treat their child like that? And 2 hidings for 1 offence? Hopefully he gets out of your house asap and leave you behind. Find a girl and marry. And have a beautiful family without you as part of it!
You really do not deserve to be parents!

Reply to ABC
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/12

Something is seriously wrong with him. It will not help if you fight him, you need to get him some help! Maybe he is feeling embarrased when you' re all against him and that' s the way he hides his embarrassment through behaving that way. Can' t you sit down with him or go out with him alone and talk to him and ask him what' s bothering him and that you really want to help him because you love him.

Reply to EL
Posted by: Anonomous | 2008/09/12

He is under ten and he plays very rough with other children (sometimes bully) yesterday his sister gave her bicycle to her friend and took his bicycle with out his permission so he shouted to her to get off and I went out and he told me to tell her to get off and I said no, let them drive a bit so he stormed in the house and fetched his criket bat on returning I told him his dad is going to give him a hidding if he harm her ..........then harrashed my dog and I chashed him away then he did it to my fish so I chashed him out of my room so the I went out followed by the girls and they locked him in the room (and I leaved them) and when he aventually came out he slammed his bedroom door so I gave him a hidding and he pushed me out of his room. So we told his dad and he got another hidding.

Reply to Anonomous
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/11

All a child need from his mother is love and attention, they need to feel it! Don' t gang up against him, my family did that to me all the time and now I have lots of problems with anger and I' m a very aggressive person!

Reply to EL
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/11

It certainly doesn' t sound like a healthy situation for any of you. How old is your son? Can you give a bit more information about the " stuff"  you do and the behaviour that he gets hidings for?

Reply to Maria