Question
Posted by: lolli | 2009/11/02

mental hospitals

I have been suffering from major depression, emotional disability, alopecia, among other things for ten years now. I also self-mutilate. No treatment or pschycology seems to have helped. I am battling to cope in society and cannot communicate with ppl. I do stupid things all the time and im afraid where thats going to lead to. My question is, is there a mental hospital i can book myself into (not a government facility or rehab), tried that, and if so, who do I contact. I want to be put away for a few months. thank you

OK, you're sensible to recognize a situation in which you need expert help, and to be looking for it. Of course, not knowing where you are, adds to my difficulty in making recommendations. Before any really effective treatment is selected or planned, one needs a good and skilled diagnosis. As your problems might, for instance, ceter around a basic Personality Disorder, such as Bordeline ( just as an example) it may need a skilled and experienced psychotherapist to help you learn to control these problems, as well as medication supervised by a psychiatrist to handle the Depression ( though Cognitive-behaviour Therapy, a form of psychotherapy, is also very effective in treating Depression.
As for admission to a psych hospital ( agree that a rehab facility is probably inappropriate ), this can be organized by your shrink, and as you actually want this, there should be no problem in arranging it if it seems likely to be useful

1