Question
Posted by: Antoinette | 2010-01-08

Mental abuse

I want to know, what are the signs of a mentally abusive relationship.
My husband woke up one morning and out of the blue explained that he is feeling that we are seperated from one another, he feels alone etc. He got in his car and left the house for 6 hours, he send an sms saying he is just driving around he has got some thinking to do. I tried to talk to him and ask him what is wrong? He asked that I just give him time to think he is not sure what he wants or feels in this relationship anymore. The suspense is making me crazy! It' s been going on like this for one week. l' m sure he has something hidden from me, the thought of him cheating on me or not loving me any more is making me so depressed, I don' t eat any more and everybody at the office notices that I am depressed. What the hell must I do? I can' t talk to him, can' t ask him what' s wrong. This is not fair!

Who do you think might be abusing who, here ? His comments to you may have felt out of the blue, but presumably he had been feeling bad, for whatever reason, for some time. He apparently has something seriously worrying him, and doesn't at this stage feel able to tell you what it is. It may or may not involve you directly.
Tell him or communicate to him that you understand and are woried and would like to help deal with whatever this situation is, and would like to suggest that he join you in some sessions of couples counselling to try to work things out as well as possible, together

2
Posted by: Whena | 2010-01-08

Please give the man the space that he is asking.
He is obiously going through something and hopefully in time he will tell you what it is.In the meantime you can suggest some couples counselling for the two of you so that you can deal with this

Reply to Whena