Posted by: Anon | 2012-04-17

Menstruation will not stop

I am 38 years old. My menstruation has now been going on for 2weeks. Also the out lip of my virgina is extremely swollen, hard and sore which seems to be forming a boil. My face has been breaking out
I have also been getting the depo prevera injections for years but now for the past few months I have been getting my period and now it is going on for 2 weeks.Do you perhaps have an idea why my period is so long and why am I getting a boil and pimples on my face? Also do I need to see a Gynae for this or is seeing a GP is fine

You will have to consult your gynaecologist for an examination, papsmear, ultrasound and blood tests. Your problems are most likely due to hormonal imbalances, which will have to be corrected with hormone replacement therapy. The boil can be due to a small ingrown hair and will have to be treated with oral antibiotics. If you make an appointment with the gynaecologist and it is too far in the future, you will have to consult your GP as soon as possible.

Posted by: anna | 2013-05-07

I went to see the gynaecologist and was told that I do have an under active thyroid but I have to test it again in 6 months im not on medication and really to have menstruations for over 3 weeks is not on, I can not handle it anymore -

Reply to anna