Question
Posted by: rr | 2012/08/13

Menstruation problems

I''m struggling with very short cycles and heavy bleeding and my gynea prescribed Duphaston. But I''ve googled and I''m not sure I want to drink it. I''m already struggling with weight gain and mood swings and depression.
I also have all the classic symptoms og thyriodism but my thryroid levels are normal. Why would that be

Presumably your doctor has advised Duphaston for a week or two out of each cycle to regulate your period. If you don't want to take it then I would suggest you see him/her to discuss an alternative.Weight gain and depression have many other causes other than an underactive thyroid.

1