Question
Posted by: Elsa | 2011/10/31

Menstruation gradually more painful

Hi Doc, my menstruation is becoming increasingly painful each month. The past year I cannot go without menstruation pain pills, I struggle to stand on my feet, and my legs are cold and numb of the pain when I have periods. I have a copper T, do you think this can cause the pain? Also, my L5 disc disintegrated, which causes a lot of pain in my daily life, does this become worse with menstruation?

Yes the copper T can certainly cause pain. Joint pains may also be worse around the time of menstruation. It sounds like you should see your gynae to discuss further options.