Question
Posted by: Florence | 2011/04/13

Menstruation after pill

I was on birth control pills for 9 years. Last year May I stopped using the pill and used other means of birth control (condoms). While I was on the pill I had medium to heavy menstruation that lasted about five to seven days. However, since three months ago I get my period when I should, but it''s very light. It''s so light that I sometimes only use a pantyliner and no tampon. When I use a tampon I use the smallest one. Whilst on the pill I had bad stomach pain, but I do not have any pain anymore except for a bit of back ache. I take one folic acid and three zinc tablets per day. We want to start trying to conceive by end April and I am very worried that I won''t be able to conceive or that there''s something wrong with me because my menstruation is so light.

Hallo Florence
I suggest that you see a gynecologist for a sonar of the ovaries to see if you ovulate. The lightness of your menstruation is not necessarily a sign of infertility, having a menstruation regularly and monthly is usually a sign that you do ovulate.

2
Posted by: Imma | 2011/06/21

I have been on nusterate injection for the past 5 years and have not menstruated since. I have decided to sto the injection in April 2011. I have not menstruated after stopping the injcetion, its been 3 months now. My breast is sore and tender, is it possible that I''m preganant without getting my periods back to normal after 5 years of injection?

Reply to Imma
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/13

Hallo Florence