Question
Posted by: Dolla | 2012/05/02

Menstruation after 10 year absence

I am 55 year old who stoped menstruation about 10 years ago. Then 1 year ago i had 1 cycle - was shocked and went to the gaynee. She checked and everything was ok. 1 year later the same thing happend. Gynee checked again and everything was fine. Now 1 year later again - the only difference is that this is now happening the 3rd consecutive month. Today i decided i must go the the gaynee again but i have to pay R900.00 and claim from the mediacal aid. I dont have R900.00. I am looking for another doctor but it seems impossible. My GP told me some time ago she does not do PAPsmears etc.
Can you please tell me if you think something is seriously wrong? Why is this happening? I never was pregnant before.
Is there anybody who can give me a name of a doctor in Pretoria who will still claim the fee from my medical aid. I am so discourage and upset. I just want to go home and cry and cry and cry.....

You should have a pap smear and a biopsy of the womb lining. I'm afaraid I don;t know how different gynaecologists charge.

2

Posted by: minx | 2012/05/03

Try dr Richard Joubert at Pretoria East Hospital. He used to claim directly from the medical aid. Good luck

Reply to minx