Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2010-03-30

Menstruation

I am 49. Six months ago a gynie examination and blood test results indicated my hormones were quite fine and there was no need for concern. My breasts are extremely tender and my period is two weeks overdue. Apart from feeling pre-menstrual for the last month and WISHING my monthly would come, I have no other discomfort. Is there any need for concern?

Hallo Sharon
Do you think there is a risk of being pregnant? If not, this could be signs of peri-menopause which can cause skipped periods and hormonal fluctuations. Skipping a period is not harmful to your health.
(But if you think you could be pregnant I think you should do a pregnancy test.)

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-30

Hallo Sharon

Reply to cyberdoc