Question
Posted by: Kim | 2010/03/29

Menstruation

Good morning Doc!

I''ve started my period again in Feb after having a baby, which was a year ago. it was irregular the first month, and now i''ve had since last week saturday, a week and two days and it''s not getting less or more. Could you possible tell me what the reason for this is, should i be concernced. I''m not stressed in anyway, so it''s not stress. My normal period before i had baby was nothing more then 4days. There is no pain of any sort, but it''s starting to itch down there, cos of having to use tampons for over a week.
Pls advise

It is common to have a heavy period after not having one for a long time as there is more womb lining which has to be shed.

1