Question
Posted by: worried | 2011/05/03

Menstruating for more than two weeks now

Good day,
I went on the 3 month injection on 2march 2011,my period started from middle march and lasted about 8days, i then got my period again on the 18 or 19 april and i am still bleeding, it started off spotting and then i started bleeding alot for about 3 or 4 days it then subsided and on Friday 29th April started bleeding alot again until monday 2 may 2011 when it started subsiding again, please help, is this normal ? i am bleeding now for about 14days. i was never on the injection before this except for when i gave birth to my first born in March 2009 (then i went on for 3 months and never again).

Yes unfortunately this happens often. It usually settles down after the second injection, but you should visit your doctor who may decide to give you the second injection earlier.

1