Question
Posted by: Noh Magwaza | 2012/01/17

Menstruating for a month non-stop

I have been menstruating for a month now and it is heavy periods. I am 27 years of age and my periods from the time I started menstruating have always been irregular. I would not get them for three months and when they eventually come  they will last for long, like a month but not heavily. Then my doctor told me that I have polycistic ovaries and put me on the pill to make them regular and to get them for atleast five days when they do come. But recently, I would get them heavily and they do not go away. I am no longer on the pill as I am going to be married this year and I wanted to try other alternatives in order to concieve. But I can''t even have a normal sex life because I am forver on my periods. What might be the cause? Please help!

If you have been diagnosed with PCOS then this is the most likely cause. You will have to stay on the Pill until you decide that you want to conceive and may then need medication to stimulate ovulation.

1