Question
Posted by: Babes | 2009/03/26

Menstruatin Kid

Hi DR,

I have an 8 year old niece who has started mentruating? IS this possible or there is something wrong with her?

This is a bit early. I would suggest that she see a doctor to check her out.

1
Posted by: Lisa | 2009/03/27

Mine started a few days before her 9th birthday. It can start from the age of 8 years old. I also panicked. I had told her all about it a few months before so when she started she new what was happening. It often happens alot faster in bigger girls, that are more developed.

She still hates it to this day as she is now turning 11 (don' t all woman though). But i just keep telling her that she' s a little Lady now.

Reply to Lisa