Question
Posted by: lily | 2011-03-29

Menstrual Period

Hi I have a question, I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery to remove the clotted blood, after surgery the doctor gave me the birth control shot this was on november 2009, I got my period on July 2010 but have not gotten my period since then. So please help me I''m a student that dont have health insurance because I cant afford it, I had a blood test but the results came back normal. what can or should I do?

Hallo Lily
The birth control shot do stop menstruation in some patients for a while but if you only had the one shot, you should have started menstruating again by now. You need an examination by a doctor to determine if it is safe for you to take a bi or triphasic contraceptive tablet for a month or two to stimulate your menstruation again. If it still does not return, you may need to see a gynecologist to examine you for anovulatory cycles (when the ovaries do not produce an egg each month)
Do you not have governmental health services you can access?

2
Posted by: lily | 2011-03-30

Thank you for your help. No I don''t have health insurance but I can go to the clinic close to my house and ask about the bi or triphasic contraceptive tablet.

thank you
lily

Reply to lily
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-29

Hallo Lily