Question
Posted by: Curious | 2008/07/20

Menstrual pain returning after pregnancy

Before my pregnancy I sufferd very painfull periods to the extend that I would faint at times. Going on to contraceptives minimised the pain. In 2005 I fell pregnant, my daughter was born in Oct of 2005. After her birth I used the 3 month contraceptive injection till about a year and a half ago. Now my problem is my periods are now starting to get more painfull, every month it is slighly more so. Could there be any problems or is this normal?

If the pain is mainly on Day 1, it is probably normal. If it persists for longer, there may be something wrong. You could try Ponstan for the pain.