Question
Posted by: Concerned Mom to be | 2008/07/21

Menstrual like Cramps and 21 weeks pregn

Hi There, I am 21 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing menstrual like cramps for the past few weeks, nothing to hectic until a week ago. I had some spotting last week Tuesady, went to the ER , the Dr pick up I have a Urinary Tract Infection. They have given me an antibiotic to clear the infection. However the cramps are still there especially when i move around. I was booked off for the whole of last week. I have notice the minute i get a bit too active i get these pains. I want to know if i should be concerned or if this is normal?

It does sound a bit more than normal but you wouold need to see your doctor to assess whether this is preterm labour or not.