Question
Posted by: Worried | 2012/05/09

Menstrual flow

Hi, I have been on Yasmine for more or less a year now and this is the first time my menstrual flow seems strange. I was use to having my menstrual cycle being a day or two behind, but this month it not only started late but also very very light (just like a pink-ish colour to my normal discharge), and then progressed to a very dark colour (almost seems like old blood), but still a light flow. I also experience a small amount of discomfort in my left side of my abdomen.
Is this normal and should I be worried?

Flow does often get lighter on the Pill especially if you have been on it for a while. If you have taken the Pill regularly and not missed any, I would suggest you wait till next month and see what happens.

1