Question
Posted by: Robyn | 2008/08/27

Menstrual Cycle - 45 days

Hi. I am sorry to bother you with a question very similar to some of the others posted, but I' m a little concerned. I went off Jasmin in May (I was using it for over 2 years and was always very regular when on it) and since then have had very long cycles (37 days, then 45, and now already at 43 days without a period). My husband and I are trying to get pregnant but I have taken a pregnancy test and it' s negative. What could the possible reasons be for such a long cycle? Should I be worried? How do I calculate when I' m ovulating? I have made a Gynae appointment but they can only see me on the 9th of Sept! Thanks very much. Robyn

It is not uncommon to have irregular cycles for a few months after stopping the Pill as your body adjusts. Long cycles would suggest that you are not ovulating. If it does not resolve soon, you may need further investigation.

1
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/08/28

Please google PCOS and see if you have any of the symptoms.

Reply to Dee GTC