Posted by: Josey | 2011-08-17

Menstrual cycle

Why is it that the first 3 days I only get a brown discharge, and the 4th day would be heavy and red. How do you know when your cycle has started?

If you have a brown discharge the first few days, there could be infection present. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for a papsmear and examination to exclude the presents of bacterial vaginosis. I am sure that there is nothing to be concerned about and the presence of discharge can be the signal that your menstrual cycle is starting. An examination and papsmear, will however, be a good idea and should be done on a yearly basis, as a papsmear is very spesific to detect signs of cervical cancer, which can be treated.

Posted by: SJ | 2011-08-17

That is a good question i was gonna post almost the same thing so instead im gonna post with you we might get the same answer.

After my c section I sometimes get months where the first 2-3 days is just a brown discharge. It looks exactly like mud right to the consistency. Is this normal?

Reply to SJ