Question
Posted by: Loopy | 2011/03/02

Menstrual Cycle

i am a 29 year lod lady. I hav a ways had painful periods but recently apart from the pain i noticed that the bleeding is also ver inconsistent with somedays being heavier than others. I also noticed that i have a higher body temperature and at night i sweat alot in my sleep. I am not on the pill but my tummy feels so heavy and my appetitie is overactive. my periods are irregular and i dont know when i will get them this week.

Also since i am not on the pill, i had sex the other night and took the morning after pill. My periods are late - could I stil become pregnant?

Please also advise on what and how to treat PMS - hot flashes etc.

It is normal for the flow not to be the same every day, but if your periods are irregular in that they come closer together or you miss periods, then you should see a doctor. The morning after pill could be the reason for your late period, but you should check a pregnancy test. The Pill often helps for PMS.

1