Posted by: Lee | 2009-02-03

menstrual cramps during first trimester

Hi I just found out that I am in my 4-5th week of pregnancy. I am experiencing what resembles mensrual cramps, It feels as if I am going to get my period. I would like to know if this is normal? or should I see my doctor?

It is normal.

Posted by: Lee | 2009-02-03

ok now i can stop stressing..thanks ladies

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Dale | 2009-02-03

Dont worry girls - its perfectly normal - most of us expereince it in the first trimester. The only time you need to stress is if it gets really severe and ofcourse if there is any bleeding.

Take care!

Reply to Dale
Posted by: Laura | 2009-02-03

Hi Lee

I am also 4 to 5 weeks preggies now. I have also been getting these menstrual cramps. My doctor says it' s normal. Eventually it gets better, but later on returns as the ligaments inside stretch to accommodate baby.

I was JUST as worried - no need to stress!

Reply to Laura