Question
Posted by: Sckyler | 2008/06/13

Menstrual cramps

Hi doc, I went to a gynae for the first time last year and found out I have a tilted ovarian and that this year he wants to do a vaginal scan. I also have extremely painful cramps, so bad that I have prescribed medication for my pain, and recently received a stronger prescription, but the tablets end up so strong that it hurts my stomach and I get dazed and confused (overmedication) because they are so strong but have to keep on drinking them as they are not doing much, probably due to me having an extremely strong system.

My question now: is there anything one can do other than medication that can resolve or reduce the pain and does this indicate that I will have a very painful birth due to a small 'opening' or tilted ovarian?

I do hope my word use is correct.

First you need to find out why your periods are so painful and get treatment for the problem if there is one. no relevance to pain during childbirth