Question
Posted by: Chantelle | 2012-05-14

Menstriation

I am 29 years old - I have never menstriated ever in my life - 2 months ago my docter put me on Kliogest cause I had terrible sweating and hot flushes - now that I''m using the Kliogest I started menstriating - every 2 weeks - so this means that my funtions are functioning isn''t it? When I was 18 I went to the gynae and he diagnosed me with hypothyroidism and said that I will never be able to bare kids - but why menstriate if I can''t have kids? Is there something you can suggest I go on to improve ovulation?

You need to find out the reason for your not menstruating. There are many possibilities - PCOS, early menopause, etc. Many of these causes involve hormonal problems. The Kliogest is not just to make you menstruate but may be replacing the hormones that you are lacking. You need to ask your doctor what the underlying problem is.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-05-16

Posted by: Lorraine Pillay | 2012-05-14

I am always on time with my periods, but want to know if i could take Trigestrel to push my periods 1 week later coz i am going on a business trip. I am ligated and 40 years old.. My last periods was on the 7 May. When and where do i start on the pack???

Reply to Lorraine Pillay