Posted by: neewbie | 2009-04-07

menstrating and sterilization

Hi. Sorry if it sounds so visual but it is the only way I know how to explain.
I had a sterilization with my second c-section. Before I had the ster. I use to menstruate for 5 days. I could use a regular tampon and it could last about 4-6 before I need change. Now after the ster. I use a super tampon and it only lasts 2-3 ( a lot of blood) then I have to change and this is for the first 2 days then I can go to regular and menstruation lasts for 7days maybe 8. I have never used a super tampon in my life up until now. Why did it change. thank you

If you were on hormonal contraception before the sterilisation, this tends to make periods lighter and shorter. You are now back to your normal cycle off contraception.