Question
Posted by: Cathy | 2012/01/17

Menopause/Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)

I am having difficulty in loosing weight on Weighless. I am on 0.05g Euthyrox. Is there a diet plan that will be of more benefit to me. I am very active.

Dear Cathy
If you read my DietDoc article on healthy thyroid function which was published in the second week of this year on the DietDoc section of the Helath24.com Website, then you will understand that getting your thyroid hormone levels back to normal is the most important factor and that there is no specific diet that works better or worse for patients with hypothyroidism. If you can achieve a good thyroid hormone level with the aid of your medical dr and combine your Weighless diet plan with daily exercise such as brisk walking or skipping for at least 30 min a day, you should start losing weight. So please go back to the dr who is treating your thyroid condition to ensure that you are taking the correct dosage of Euthyrox and start doing some aerobic exercise as soon as possible.

1

Dear Cathy