Posted by: Sue | 2010-07-30

Menopause Woes

I have menopause just turned 44, or peri-menopause. I had the blood tests done by my own gynae. I was very irritable for about 2 years before so I think maybe I am quite a way into it.

I am a very bad Asthmatic and have been on various forms of cortisone since I was about 2. They tell me that cortisone can bring on early onset menopause. Is this true?

I took to Angeliq like a duck to water and everything has imrpoved but I am still terribly at times. I was told that there are specific anti-depressants/drugs that you can be given in addition to HRT to help. Is this true and what?

I have never been pregant and I am told this also factors in as to why I am one of those that it is not easy for. My grandmother went through a nightmare of menopause. I am like a clone of her and now it seems with meno too.

I was even thinking about having a total hysterectomy but would sort it out in the main or not really? Sorry more than 1 question but please could you answer each one. I want to be educated before I go back to the gynae.

It is essential that you understand menopause and early menopause. Please refer to the following links for more information:

1. Menopause:
2. Early menopause:

If you have any further questions, please post them and I will gladly assist you.

The anti-depressant that you are referring to, is a product called Cipramil. Ask your gynae about it.

It will be unnecessary to have a full hysterectomy if there is no definate reasons to have this done.