Posted by: Dezi Gagiano | 2008-11-18

Menopause Weight

I am 52 yrs old and weigh 75kg and receive HRT(femigel) Please give me a diet that really works to help me loose weight. I always feel bloated and really need to loose weight to 65 kg. I have always been overweight as a child but when I had my last child at the age of 21 I went on different quick fixes and lost weight. When I reached the age of 30 I weighed 62kg gre8t stuff. Now, the last 5 yrs being on HRT I am battling with my weight. Please help me. I excercise, but maybe not doing the right excercise or not eating the correct food. I also battle with a bad hip, which I was born with and lower bck problems.

It is much harder to lose weight after the menopause. DietDoc may be able to help.

Posted by: Barbara | 2008-11-25

I am 48, I have been on femigel for 6 months and have gained 12kgs, I feel horrible. If I stop the gel, I feel hot flushes and have the most terrible mood swings, completely out of character. i have tried dieting, but to no avail, I just feel hungry on top of feeling horrible. My poor family put up with more than they should have to. I am very active, always have been. What can I do to get my weight down? Is there another alternative to the gel?

Reply to Barbara