Question
Posted by: Nancy | 2009/11/03

Menopause? Mucous discharge of black blood in middle of cycle?

My periods occur very irregularly now. Sometimes I only get them every second month.

My last period was on 18 October 2009. Now yesterday and today (2 and 3 November) I have a mucous discharge of black blood. Yesterday my breasts were a bit tender. So it seems that something is wrong with my hormones, since I am only in the middle of my cycle?

Hallo Nancy
This could be due to "spotting"/breakthrough bleeding - a slight bleeding can sometimes cause a black discharge. If you are near your menopause it can be very irregular and you may have breakthrough bleeds due to low hormone levels. It is not harmful, just a nuisance! Your doctor can check your FSH levels to determine if you are in menopause or not.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/03

Hallo Nancy

Reply to cyberdoc