Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2009-01-19

Menopause at 40 after child birth??

I am 40 years old –  41 in May. My baby turned one a few weeks ago. Is it possible that I will have an early menopause? I am suffering from vaginal dryness since I was pregnant, it is not getting better. I have heavy periods - 7 days, still every 28 - 32 days, but I do have spotting during the month - between day 12 and 15. I did not have that before. I also have discomfort during sex and sometimes I bleed after we had sex. Please advice. I went for hormone test and according to the doctor everything is normal. I do not have a thyroid and is on Eltrocin .1mg. The dosage is fine. It was tested about a month ago. I do feel tired, but I do not have any other symptoms.

These are not signs of early menopause. Perhaps the pain with sex is from vaginal dryness. Try using KY jelly. The spotting is around the time of ovulation and could be ovulation bleeding. However, at your age, you should have gynae check-ups once a year.