Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2012-08-09

Menopause?

Hi Dr
Could I be starting menopause or pre menopause. I am almost 46 and feel like I am going crazy. I am under some stress at the moment - work, kids, finances - nothing different to the everyday but i am so emotional - i have terrible mood swings and feel tearful all the time. I am over reacting to situations. I am taking a natural remedy (Manna menopause support) which is helping with the hot flushes (My face is so hot all the time)

Do you think I need to have blood tests or a check up or is this just how it is meant to be and I have to deal with it?

Mandy

I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination and blood tests, including a full hormonal profile, thyroid count, glucose and lipid profile. Yes, it is possible that you are experiencing symptoms of menopause but metabolic diseases, like an underactive thyroid has to be excluded. Hormone replacement therapy works well to treat the symptoms of menopause.