Question
Posted by: kg | 2012-08-03

Menopause

I am starting to experience night sweats and I am 42 yrs of age and I''m worried I might be starting to menopause. I have been suffering with endometriosis which caused me to be infertile as a result I have done a number of laporascopies in order to rectify the problem. I would like to know if I still have any chance of falling pregnant through fertiliity treatment.

Dear KG

There is a high chance that you may go into early menopause from the history that you have given me of endometrioses and laparoscopies. There are a few test available to assess ovarian function and ovarian reserves. These test would need to be done by your fertility specialist or gynaecologist and would include an ultra sound to assess the entro follicle count of the ovaries, a day2 FSH level, and an anti mullerian hormone.... level. If all these test show a reasonable ovarian reserve for someone who is 42 years old, then there is a chance to undergo fertility treatment.
Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012-08-17

Dear KG

Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo

Reply to Fertility Expert