Question
Posted by: Mokkie | 2011/06/09

Menopause

Hi Doc, ai I have such a long story, but let me try and keep it short. I turned 51 last week, and seems to be going into menopause. I also suffer with my thyroid the past 18 years, but it was under control until last July when I had the Mirena removed and went on the pill. Ever since the specialist is battling to get the TSH down.
Do you think I should see my gyne to discuss the menopause and night sweats and perhaps start some hormone replacement? Or should I stick to the endocrinologist?
Thanks for your help

AT the age of 51, you should definitely see a gynaecologist to discuss menopause.

3
Posted by: Ann | 2011/06/19

I am 42 and recently have had blood presure problems. I want to know why does it feel if im choking and i have a constant cough to open my airway and i am constantly tired and sometimes it feels like i have no balance, wen i get home at night all i do is go to sleep. Should i have my tyroid checked out? pls help

Reply to Ann