Question
Posted by: Cate | 2011/03/02

Menopause?

Hi, I am 40 yrs old. I had my last baby in January last year and had a tubal ligation done. After the birth, the bleeding was very heavy and also for quite a long time and since then my periods have been very heavy but I was told this was all because of the tubal ligation. I have always been very regular, but the last couple of months my periods seem to be coming a lot more often but the length of the period varies as well as how heavy it is. Could this be the start of menopause or could there be something else wrong?

It may be hormonal but could also be a problem with the uterus. See your gynae for a check.

1