Question
Posted by: Mimi | 2010/11/09

Menopause???

I have not been feeling well. My Dr ran some tests which are all clear. I asked her about early menopause etc and she said I am too young (44) so didnt do any tests related to this

I am very emotional and tearful. I am very moody as well
I feel " hot"  most of the time - particularly my face
I seem to be urinating more frequently
I am very tired, feel sluggish and feint
I feel bloated all the time
I am getting headaches, something i have never had

What should I do from here??I feel like I am overacting but just dont feel good at all. I have been taking Depo for many years so dont have periods. She has told me to stop taking it which I have done. (I am sterilised but my gynae put me on depo to control heavy periods)

Hallo Mimi
It can't do any harm to check your FSH and thyroid functions too. Is your blood sugar level fine? 44 is young for menopause but not uncommon.

2
Posted by: Antoinette Saunders | 2010/11/12

I started feeling very tired, had heart palpitations and generally felt very out of sorts at age 44. After quite a lot of tests, my GP suggested it could be menopause. This was in fact the case as my periods became less and less frequent and after six months disappeared altogether. I took a health supplement which eased the symptoms at the time. My advice is, don''t be too quick to go onto hormonal supplements. Ride it out, most of us have to go through it and try and stay healthy by eating correctly, getting exercise, etc. There are so many self-help articles in magazines and on websites which can help you.

Reply to Antoinette Saunders
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/09

Hallo Mimi