Question
Posted by: suzie | 2010/04/13

menopause

I am 48. Steadily putting on weight. Is it a progestrone problem

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

There are many reasons for weight gain. I can understand why you associate it with a hormonal problem as at this age you may well be beginning peri menopause. menopause is always characterized by an alteration in body weight due to the body's need to seek out hormones, especially estrogen. People begin gaining weight around their middles particularly and it just won't come off no matter what you try.
I recommend you visit your gynae for a check up and to measure your hormones so you know whether or not this weight gain is a result of peri menopause or another underlying illness - or merely an unhealthy life style.

2
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality expert | 2010/04/18

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality expert
Posted by: MrD | 2010/04/13

Hi Su, are you sexualy active.

Reply to MrD