Question
Posted by: Sue | 2009-01-23

Menopause?

After having a 10 day heavy period, my period started again 11 days later - I went to my GP, who did some blood tests to check hormone levels, and sent me for a sonar. The sonar is fine, but she said that on the bloods my estrogen level was normal, the test results for the (something or other) follicles came back at 9. She said it should be 19, and 9 indicates it could be the start of early menopause.
I tried to do some research on this" follicle"  blood test - the only thing I found was the FSH test, but the info I found said teh higher the figure the more likely it is to be menopause, and that my result was not menopause.

Please help!! I' m 38, and really dont want to be going through menopause so young!!!!!

Dear Sue

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Please be so kind as to give me the exact description of the test that was done, as well as the result and the time in your cycle that the test was done, in order for me to provide you with a proper answer.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Sue | 2009-01-26

I didnt get the full name of the Blood test, my GP said it measures the follicles (or something to that effect). The blood test was done on day 5 of my period. My sonar scan came back normal, and my estrogen count was normal, it was just this follicle test that she said may indicate the start of pre menopause. I have had no other symptoms of menopause, jsut the long period witha short cycle for one month.

thank you for your help.

Reply to Sue