Posted by: Gilda | 2009-01-12

What part of the body do hot flushes target? Is it by any chance the back of the neck and the forehead?

The back of my neck keeps getting hot and sweaty every now and then. I’ ll be 44 in a few months time.

My periods were regular until the end of last year. My last “ normal”  period occurred nearly 7 weeks ago on 26 November 2008. Last night I started a strange period, if you can even call it that. It was 19 days late and seemed pretty weird. It is like a mid-cycle vaginal discharge with a pinkish blood stained tinge. In fact, when it first started I wondered whether my bladder had maybe leaked blood-stained urine. I got quite a fright but realized later that the discharge had definitely not come from my bladder. Most of the time, it is like a normal vaginal discharge (just a bit heavier). The only time I actually see blood is when I empty my bladder. Other than that it is a watery mucous-like discharge, very pale pink in colour. Is this normal?

I don’ t have any other signs of the menopause, such as vaginal dryness and breast tenderness. I had a pap smear on 15 December 2008 and everything was normal.

Head , neck and chest - varies from person to person.
It does sound like menopause. The other symptoms only come later.