Question
Posted by: ANONYMOUS | 2008/10/03

Menopause

I am in an early menopause (nearly 42yrs). I am not using any contraceptives or any other hormonal therapy - only Menoclove (redclover menopausal foodsupplement). Is this okay for I am not sure if I should use any hormonal therapy? I am doing fine so far.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question.

As long as you are monitoring your blood levels twice a year (hormones, calcium, cholesterol, etc), undergoing a full medical twice a year, and having a bone scan performed once a year there should be no problem with choosing the ‘natural’ route. As the estrogen begins to drop cardiovascular protective effects are reduced and your blood pressure may begin to increase and cholesterol levels may rise. If one can pick up any changes to these early on and as long as you are feeling fine (no tiredness, lethargy, mood swings, hot flushes, insomnia, etc) then continue the course you are on.

1
Posted by: ANNIE | 2009/03/05

Hi I am 48 years old, on Mirelle for a year and haven' t had a
period for 8 months, my doctor did some blood tests and confirmed that Im in my menoupause and sugested I start with
HRT. I don' t want to use that so started with Menoclove Plus.
Al my symptoms are much better, but I now have my periods and also breakthrough bleeding, is it the hormones in the
Menoclove tthat do it?

Reply to ANNIE