Question
Posted by: Anneke | 2008/09/05

Menopause

I am 43 years old the doctor tell me that I have menopause. I gain a lot of weight and on internet I see that there is a capsule called Zalestra. What would you suggest.

Dear Anneke
I checked on this product and reckon that while Zalestra may alleviate some of the unpleasant symptoms associated with the menopause (e.g. hot flashes, night sweats, etc) because of its black cohosh and soy extract components, I doubt if it will help you to lose weight. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Do at least 30 min of exercise a day this will not only help your weightloss, but also prevent osteoporosis.

1
Posted by: Erika | 2009/04/01

Must i go and see a dokter, i' m 43 during the day at night, i do' nt feel my self,feel weak, my back hurt in to my leg,feel stressed,
feel like climming hall for nothing. forget things,swollen hands,face,my hall body,do' nt feel to make love to my husband for 5 mnd now.
I haven got money to see a good doctor.
What can i use.
Please help me

Reply to Erika