Question
Posted by: heather | 2008/06/18

Menopause

HI
I am 53 and haven't had periods for about 6 months. All of a sudden I had one end may and now again mid june. My lower back is very painful - I have never had problems with periods. Is this normal or should I have it seen to. I have not had a hysterectamy and am a very heathly person that never gets sick. I am not quite sure if I am going thru menopause because otherwise the symptoms I have are moods and a bit of depression.

It sounds like you are going through menopause and abnormal bleeding does happen. Always good to have it checked out though.