Posted by: Leonie | 2010-06-18

Menopause (2)

Hi Cyberdoc

The gynae is doing the hormone tests again. (I asked you if Angeliq can stop working).
I''d like to know if you have really bad menopause and have a total hysterectomy both ovaries out (I''ve never had kids) does it really make a difference to the hormones for the better? I''m nearly 45 years old. I understand you would still have to be on HRT?

Thanks very much

It is imperative that you discuss your options with your gynaecologist. A total abdominal hysterectomy is a large step to take but your symptoms can be well controlled using certain products but once again, discuss your options with your gynaecologist, as he/she has all the blood tests results and will be able to make an informed decision.