Question
Posted by: Snoekels | 2008/11/25

menopausal screen

I have to go for the " menopausal screen"  blood test but forgot to ask the doc whether there is a particular time in the menstrual cycle that I should go for the test, or would any time do?

Background: I' m 46, still getting periods but having major " sweat attacks"  and also palpitations, especially in the 4 days before my period. I' m being treated for high blood pressure and had an episode of atrial fibrillation early this year, but my latest stress EKG was fine. I guess HRT is out of the question with a dodgy heart?

You can go at any time in the cycle. The high blood pressure is a probelm with HRT, but your gynaeoclogist can discuss the pros and cons with you.