Question
Posted by: jules | 2011/03/01

Meniscus

Quick question, I have had the meniscus removed from one knee, what excercise will be better for me, cycling or walking?

Hi Jules

How long ago? I'm assuming a while back, that you're not still in the rehab phase? Because that would have some important implications for what you can or can't do.

If so, then definitely cycling is safer (that's probably true for anyone, actually), mostly because it doesn't involve the loading on joints when landing.

You may also want to consider exercises to strengthen and improve the flexibility of the muscles supporting that knee. So some gym training might be helpful. Again, depends on the timelines, and whether you had rehab or not after the surgery.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/03/03

Hi Jules

Reply to fitnessdoc