Question
Posted by: david edwards | 2009-08-04

meningitis

what natural herb to increase my red cell count,central nervous system,and memory loss due to contracting meningitis.

Dear David
I am so sorry to hear that you had meningitis which is a serious and debilitating disease. As I am not a herbalist, I cannot give you advice on herbs, but I would urge you to eat foods which contain readily available iron to improve your red cell count. Foods that are rich in iron include liver, red meat, fish, egg yolk, iron-fortified breakfast cereals and dried fruit. Have a glass of orange or grapefruit juice with your breakfast cereal because vitamin C helps with the absorption of iron. Take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement like Centrum or Supradyn Forte to boost you nervous system and use Salmon oil capsules to improve your nervous system function.