Question
Posted by: Bella | 2008/05/30

Meningitis

Can anyone help in telling me what the symptoms is, as i have this servere headache that just doesnt want to go away, my eyes are sensitive to extreme light like sunshine, i feel nausias, the headache goes from my neck all over the head to my hairline.

can any one help me pls?

Thank you for visiting health24.com. I apologise for the delayed reply.

A severe headache is the most common symptom of meningitis, followed by neck stiffness. You will be unable to flex your neck forward. A sudden high fever and an altered mental status, are also symptoms of meningitis. Other signs are inability to tolerate bright light and loud noises.

I do suggest that you visit the emergency unit at your nearest hospital as soon possible, to have blood tests, x-rays of your chest, as well as an analysis of your cerebrospinal fluid (fluid that envelops the brain and the spinal cord) by means of a lumbar puncture.

If you do have meningitis it is important to start with antibiotics as soon as possible.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Jane | 2008/05/30

Not sure..the Doc would tel you.
Try to put your chin on our chest and if you cant, go to your GP.I think Meningitis isn't something to play with so go to your GP anyway.The sooner the better.
Hope you get better.

Reply to Jane